Skip to main content

Ideal tools if your old, disabled or able.



This is going to be a review, I was going to aim it at the elderly and disabled. But in fact it's going to apply to everyone.
No one is left out here, it caters for all. 

I had never given it much thought before, when I was young fit and able bodied.
But now I am on wheels these things do crop up, and when it comes to gardening the tools you use do come into it.

When I first got home after eight months in Hospital I decided that I would try to do what I could in the garden, within reason!
I could get onto the John Deere tractor to cut the grass (we have since sold it) but when it came to the flower and vegetable beds the tools we had were either too long for me as I was now sat down or the Hand tools were too short for me to reach the beds. 

So this brings us to Wolf Tools (Wolf Garten).
This is a range of tools with interchangeable heads and lots of handle options.
I went for the 120cm long handle and the 35cm short handle, they do more sizes and are made in either Aluminum or wood. Some are adjustable and some have D handles on them.

Then it comes to the tools them selves.........
Here are some basic tools, a spade and a fork. Usually you would find these as hand tools, but with limited reach from the wheelchair it would be difficult to use them. So these pop nicely into the 35cm handle and make it very comfortable to use, they will of course fit in the 120cm handle if you so desire.

http://amzn.to/2eXryb0


Next up are some tools which get an awful lot of use. A push/pull weeder, mini cultivator and a rake.
The push pull weeder is a fantastic tool especially when your sat in a wheelchair or have limited movement, you can weed between the rows of veg with ease.
And finally a pair of tools just for me! I have taken on the job of keeping the patio weed free. The hooked tool is great for getting between the cracks and hooking out the weeds and the wire brush (which you can change the brush head) is equally as good.

So all in all I would definitely recommend these tools, they are built to last and the tools fit the handles with a nice snug fit.

I did a video review of these tools a while back and can be found here....... https://youtu.be/9sJ_V5SmZVc

You can also check out Wolf-Garten tools here...

UK  http://amzn.to/2f4itNy
USA http://amzn.to/2xomGmS
Canada http://amzn.to/2w5Dcry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tastey Hot Chilli pickle.

  Hopefully this should be good! I found a recipe online for a nice green chilli pickle, all our chillis are red! So this will be loosely based on the recipe I found and it will take a few days to knock up.  For this you will need: 1.5 - 2 cups of chopped green chillis 6 tablespoons of Mustard seeds  3 tablespoons of Rock salt 2 teaspoons of Turmeric powder 1 cup Mustard oil 5 -6 Lemons (1/2 cup of lemon juice) 1 cup = 250ml This should be enough to fill a medium sized jar So as I mentioned before there will be some tweaks. First being with the green chillis. All ours at the moment are red but I don't suppose that matters too much so I added....... Two Numex Big Jims Two Maule Hot Two Satans Kiss One Thai Dragon Also I changed the Rock salt for chunky table salt and when it came to the Mustard seeds I ground Two Tablespoons of seeds and used two Tablespoons of Mustard powder, we shall see how it turns out. So first off cut the chillis into chunks,

Making leaf mould with The Paraplegic Gardener

Spicy Cheese & Bacon Loaf.

If you love cheese and bacon you will love this. It's great served up as a meal or cut up to share at a party. You will need: 1 Baguette                        2cup/8oz/240g cream cheese                        1 red pepper (diced)                        1cup/4oz/120g mozzarella (grated)                        1cup/4oz/120g cheddar cheese (grated)                        1tsp ground pepper                        2tsp hot chilli flakes                        3 packs of bacon/jambon cru First of all you will need to cut the Baguette in half length ways and hollow out the middle. Mix the cheeses, pepper and dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stuff both halves of the baguette and place the halves back together again. Wrap the baguette with the bacon or jambon cru. Bake at 180ºc/350ºf/gas mark 4 for approx 25mins  Tina made this for us the other night and it went down a treat. You don't have to use chilli if you are not up to spicy food. We use Jambon cru inst